Museum Franzensburg

Castle, Museum

This business is excellent…

  • Niederösterreich-CARD

Description

Der Schlosspark ist seit 1. Mai 2020 täglich von 8.00-18.00 geöffnet. Die Franzensburg mit dem Museumsbetrieb wird noch bis 30.6.2020 geschlossen bleiben müssen.

According to the ideas of the time of romantic classicism Emperor Franz built this "treasure house Austria" from 1798 - 1801. In conclusion this building got his name. Unitl the year 1835 his manager in Laxenburg, Schlosshauptmann Michael Riedl, finished the complex in close cooperation to the emporer. Designed as a museum of the Habsburg family and as a representation space there is a rich equipment inside. Valuable wood ceilings, wall decortaion made of leather, marble floors and numerous furniture show the total artwork.

Facility features

  • Tours

Location and how to get there